View Single Post
Old 10th October 2023, 08:22 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 9

Children_of_the_Damned.jpg

Six extraordinary children with amazing telepathic powers have been discovered across the world and all six have been flown to London so they can be tested to see just how powerful they really are. Once in range of each other they start to communicate and they arrange to escape their Embassy's and stick together knowing the truth of what their governments have in store for them. The leader of the children David uses his Aunt to communicate what their demands and needs are while they hold up in an abandoned church. Realising just how powerful the kids are once they are together and working as one the military are called in and a tense stand off begins.

Unlike Village of the Damned Children of the Damned doesn't have that same creepiness but thats not to say the children are any less intimidating I actually think this time around the children are more vindictive especially David he isn't trying fit in he wants people to fear him there is no understanding he means you harm. The rest of the children are great too not in their acting because they don't really say much but thier expressions say more than enough.

I loved the whole stand off idea and the church itself is a brilliant setting giving the children a great vantage point perched up on the roof watching over everything ensuring no one gets in. It's not just a great strategic point either the rundown inside of the church makes the perfect place for a brilliant stand off involving the churches organ fantastic stuff.

Like Village of the damned there are some powerful dark scenes that once again took me by surprise and that ending is complete chaos and really left me speechless for a few minutes after the end credits rolled.

Village and Children although sharing the same theme are two different films in tone but both films I loved and they will be viewed again on the regular.

Fantastic.