View Single Post
Old 15th October 2023, 03:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

download (1).jpeg

A salvage ship off the coast of Ireland discovers a giant lizard creature while exploring an old wreck. Taking damage to their ship they take some life boats to a small fishing village on a small island but they are not made feel very welcome by the locals. Soon it becomes apparent that the head of the village knows of the presence of the monster but it protects his waters from outsiders coming to take the riches that lay beneath the sea. The captain of the salvage ship hatches a plan to capture the monster and take it to London and make a fortune exhibiting the monster. All seems to be going well until mammy comes back to discover her child has been taken looks like mammy is taking that long awaited weekend in London finally.

What a fun time this is start to finish it's a blast. The underwater scenes look brilliant the settling of the small fishing village looks beautiful. The monsters themselves are wonderful yeah it's obvious it's a big rubber suit but who cares it looks great emerging from the sea or when the mother is coming down the Thames with all the iconic London skyline behind her. My only complaint is something that drives me absolutely mental and that fake Irish accents there are some Irish accents but so many fake one no one here in any part of the country sounds like 1930s Boston cops on the beat on the payroll of Top Cat

This might just be my favourite monster movie I have ever seen.

Bloody English comin over here stealing our prehistoric monsters