View Single Post
Old 18th October 2023, 01:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

12. Grandmother’s House

first time watch - low budget, low impact, but a bit of fun. Don’t want to give away any spoilers, but the twist at the end was fairly f**ked up.

13. Guest House Paradiso

I felt in need of a break from all the grue and gore so went back to Guest House Paradiso, one of my all time favourite slightly horror dark comedies. Hilarity ensues at this nightmarish Fawtly Towers-esque hotel when radioactive fish is fed to the guests. Wonderful stuff. I’m very much looking forward to the upcoming blu ray release teased by Indicator, and assume they will be using the Vinegar Syndrome remaster and special features.

14. Paranorman

one with the kids. This is a really fantastic animated film about a wee boy who can see ghosts. Considering its a kids film it is genuinely scary in parts. My kids have always enjoyed (age appropriate) horror stuff but when they were younger this was the one film that really frightened them - In particular the part where the ghost of Norman’s uncle comes out the toilet!

15. The Curse of Bridge Hollow

Netflix - Not bad, not great, but the kids enjoyed the fast paced dialogue and jokes.

16. Sick

NowTV - from the writers of Scream. As one Letterbox’d reviewer gave it - “they’ve swapped ‘what’s your favourite scary movie?’ for ‘where’s your mask?’” This was good fun, set around the beginning of the covid pandemic, and starts with a guy following the one way arrows around a supermarket before agreeing to go to a party with a stranger who invited him via text. The stranger follows up by asking what his testing status is and that’s where the trouble begins. Good fun, and a bit of a send up for the panic and paranoia.

17. Critters 2

first time watch. Good stupid movie and was able to watch it with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk