View Single Post
Old 24th October 2023, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default Round Up Post

I've just come back from a long weekend in Edinburgh visiting friends, but that didn't stop me from continuing my spooktastic horror marathon

Wed 18th Oct
Trauma (1993)

Yes, I like this one, but I will be first to admit it's not actually very good. However, while you have Asia Argento struggling to speak English in one scene you have Piper Laurie chewing the scenery in the next. "You did it, you did it, you did it"

Thu 19th Oct
Children of the Damned (1964)

This time the children go multicultural! And a dog! “He didn’t get his brain from mother.”

Fri 20th Oct
Pearl (2022)

Wow, I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did. I liked X when it came out, but didn't love it, but Pearl is much better in every way. Mia Goth stealing the show. It's a slow build toward a spectacular and bloody ending. Brilliant.

Sat 21st Oct
House on Haunted Hill (1959)

I introduced my friend to classic Vincent Price and he loved it. Camp and Spooky and glamorous. "If I were gonna haunt somebody, this would certainly be the house I'd do it in."

Sun 22nd Oct
Talk to Me (2022)

A bunch of bogans connect with the dead via an embalmed hand. Let me tell you now, this one was BRUTAL and I didn't expect it. All the way through I was thinking this is what the recent Evil Dead Rise should have been like. Really good, and recommended. "I woke up and Mia was, I don't know, sucking my feet."

Mon 23rd Oct
Renfield (2023)

I was a bit dubious about Nic Cage as The Count, but do you know what, he's actually really good and clearly enjoying himself. In this movie, Renfield realises that after many decades of looking after Dracula's every whim and desire that perhaps his relationship is a bit unhealthy and he looks for a way to leave. Only things go terribly wrong when he accidentally gets involved with a crime family and the police officer trying to take them down. Some hilarious set pieces, I really enjoyed it. "I wish to spend a season in Hell, where all the amusing people are. Hail Satan!"

Triumphant sight on a northern sky