View Single Post
Old 27th December 2023, 04:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

On Xmas eve a father holds the body of his dying son after he is struck by a bullet from a drive by. The father gives chase but gets shot himself and after months of rehabilitation in the hospital the father emerges broken willed and unable to speak from his injuries. Hitting the bottle pretty hard and pushing away his already devastated wife our hero sets a date to take revenge on the gang members that killed his son by Xmas eve.

Silent Night is a pretty looking film and the action is typical of the stylised action from John Woo's past work a dance of death it's more a performance than just out and out violence but it is violent if you get what Im trying to say. I really like the element of realism he put into the film I mean this is a man who is self trained in a short period of time so he isn't John Wick he is flawed and he is learning on the job so most of the time he is getting his ass kicked but you would be surprised the amount of punishment a desperate man will endure especially when emotional pain is may worse than physical pain.

While I really like the idea of Silent Night there are a few things that didn't sit right with me. Fine the guy can't talk but no one talking was a bit of an odd choice apart from the radio I mean I could understand if he lost his hearing and so he lived in a world of silence but he just couldn't talk so it didn't make much sense to me.

Overall it's different and its enjoyable but I can imagine it won't be everyone's cup of tea given the lack of any dialogue.
MV5BZTk1ODM0NGMtOWQ5Zi00OWE4LTgwZTItNDFhYjcxMWI1NjQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzNzIyNDc1._V1_.jpg

Sent from my Nokia C01 Plus using Tapatalk