View Single Post
Old 18th January 2024, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blue Monkey. 1987.

A lot of people said gardening can't be great for you, well this film is a example, old boy pricks his finger on a plant, sent to the hospital apparently suffering a diabetic shock only for a parasite to come out of his mouth. A cop played by Steve Railsback is there after his partner is gunned down and has a laugh with a few children, manages to step up when CDC close off the hospital and everyone tries to man up and go on a bug hunt.

Don't look at the poster it doesn't do the film any praise or justice, but this is a salute or homage to the 1950s B movie Them as it seems to use the same size of Ant from the film but in a darker colour. We always get a doctor or scientist who seems to know every species of bug and predicts the mother ant will give birth to at least 400 babies...yeah mate we all wanted to know that when the mother ant is on the PMS from hell rampage. This was a blind watch for me and although I did enjoy it the down side for me was in parts it did got a bit too dark to where the eye straining was a bit too much, certainly worth a re-watch.

p49312_p_v8_ab.jpg