View Single Post
Old 18th January 2024, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deadly Eyes. 1982.

Finally managed to sit through this one in one go and watch it right to the end. Based on James Herbert's The Rats novel, the film is set in Toronto and not London...some films change locations to the source novel.

The city is overrun with rats, nothing new there but these are overgrown rats that have been exposed to some sort of growth chemical that someone obviously flushed down the toilet and gone into the sewers....hold on a second I thought the rats were overgrown by a bigger mutated rat that gave birth to a litter. No wonder Mr Herbert disowned the film, Robert Clouse who gave us Enter The Dragon must have been laughing with the work he had to do.

I'm pretty sure some close up of the rats (dogs in costumes) were shown continuously through out the film, there is plenty of blood and few bits taken from the novel but this was a disappointment for me as i love the books. So I have seen it...that's it for me with this film.

MV5BOGI4MzJkODktZGIyYy00ZDZiLTkyZjYtNzk4MTI2M2M0NGY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg