View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Visiting Hours. 1982.

We got T.V. journalist Lee Grant giving a interview to a woman who was abused by her husband and killed him in self defence and seems to trigger something in deranged Michael Ironside who clerly has some "Mommy" issues and goes on the attack. When she survives, he goes to the hospital to finish her off.

First time checking out this slasher, even though I had the Blu-Ray in my collection for a while, early morning horror always cheers me up. I gotta say Michael Ironside has always been a good actor to watch and can go into the role menacing which he does in this. Lee Grant is a strange one to cast but manages to show you don't have to be a big boobed blondie to survive a total psycho.

For being filmed in 1981, the film has a surprisingly fresh and considerably modern look to it. Whereas many horror films of this era suffer from poor ageing, this is one of a rare few that seems to have retained a contemporary edge of your seat scenario where the floor will be best to sit on that way you ain't gonna hurt yourself or give yourself a sore ass. I don't know why I held off watching this for so long.

MV5BY2JiOGNmZGQtYWE3ZC00MTIzLWE0ZGYtYWRlNTdkMmQ0NTYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMDUzNTI3._V1_.jpg