View Single Post
Old 13th February 2024, 10:33 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Started season 9 of Smallville now. 7 was pretty good and it was fun to have James Marsters back as Brainiac, though losing Lionel, Lana and Lex in the space of a few eps was a bit much. I am glad they brought Lana back for a multi-episode guest stint in season 8, though, as while it sat rather oddly in the middle of the season (would have been better earlier) her exit the previous season sucked absolute balls. Brainiac turns her into a vegetable, she disappears for a bunch of eps and then when she wakes up (off-screen) after he's destroyed, her exit is a pre-recorded videotape. Like, really? That's the exit you give your leading lady for the last seven years? F**k off!
8 was pretty solid, though, with the Davis Bloome/Doomsday arc giving it plenty of welly.
Having Lana in for so long was holding the whole show back i thought when i initially watched it. Couldn't wait for her to leave.

I watched episode 15 of season one last night Nicodemus.

Wonderful first scene with Jonathan Kent (John Schneider) in his truck listening to Good Ol' Boys by Willie Nelson. Wonder if he'd heard that before?