View Single Post
Old 16th February 2024, 08:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
So... feeling a bit down, I decided to treat myself to a copy of 'The Complete Monterey Pop Festival' Criterion Blu-Ray as a mail-order thing from CEX. It cost me £15:00

When it arrived through the post, I was extremely disappointed to see the state it was in. There *should* have been a big (80 page) booklet with it, but this was missing from the case, which meant that box was crushed

Obviously, I did what everyone does in the 21st century - I posted a scathing 1* review on their website

A few hours later I had an e-mail from them saying they would 'look into things' which they did do and (to their credit) they admitted that the product was inferior and not as advertised (due to the missing booklet), immediately refunded my money and told me to keep the discs

As a result, I have effectively acquired a free 3-disc Blu-Ray of the very first rock festival !!
Good for you and good for them.

I guess they no longer have a substandard product in stock, you aren't out of pocket for buying a defective item, and are happy with how it was resolved, so it's definitely a win-win transaction.

I have also had similar buying experiences from Music Magpie where they have replaced something which was broken or damaged, or refunded me and said I could keep the item, so I've been very happy to buy from them again.