Old 18th February 2024, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
No one told me 'Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse' was a 'part one'

I have just struggled thru almost 2.5 hours of a film only for it to end with a "...to be continued"!

If I'd have known that, I would have waited a few years and got both volumes at the same time
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
It shouldn't have been a struggle, it's a great watch (imho).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I struggled with the many different styles of animation that was used in the film, and it's been a long time since I saw 'Into The Spiderverse' so had forgot a lot of things that happened in that one

I *do* like the Spiderman films, and think Peter Parker (and the struggles he has as he grows up) is one of the best and most believable characters in the MCU
I completely agree with your last point as Peter Parker's character arc is one most relatable and accessible in any superhero story.

I also agree with SymbioticFunction about Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse being a great watch. I think it is one of the most ambitious and engaging animated films in the last few decades, and a thoroughly enjoyable action-adventure which is the equal of the similarly brilliant Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

It's very high on my 'to buy' list so I can watch it again and as part of a double bill whenever Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse is released in cinemas. The animated films are visually stunning, funny, and hugely entertaining, ranking among the best superhero films ever made.