View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2024, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Am I the only one who can't stand Mark Kermode? An abhorrent critic who puts himself on high and deems to tell me what I should think as opposed to what he thought.
I have always thought Mark Kermode was very insightful and passionate, someone who is opinionated and forthright about everything from film to music, and is at his best when making commentaries or documentaries about films he loves – The Exorcist, The French Connection, Blade Runner, The Shawshank Redemption, The Devils, The Wicker Man, Silent Running, and Local Hero come to mind.

I think he does important work curating films and hosting film festivals (particularly on the Isle of Man and Shetland), championing small cinemas and filmmakers whose output would normally disappear.

The Secrets of Cinema TV series he and Kim Newman made was incredibly well researched, written, presented, and edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I used to like listening to him on a Friday afternoon with Simon Mayo but he almost became a caricature of himself the more famous he became.

Now since he left 5Live i've not listened to him at all.
I'm the same. I used to listen to the Friday show with Simon Mayo, whether live or as a podcast, but I haven't listened to anything since they left and have only seen a handful of YouTube videos.