View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2024, 06:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004)

An exploratory team travels to the jungle in search of the rare blood orchid, a flower unique to the region that blooms once every seven years. Obviously everything that can go wrong does go wrong including giant Anacondas after their lunch.

I decided to watch the dvd box set of Anaconda films in order to judge if they should be upgraded to the 88 Films Blu-ray box set. I know the first film like the back of my hand having seen it at the cinema then owned it on vhs and dvd. However the other three i suspect i've only seen once before.

I was pleasantly surprised by this first sequel in name only. Johnny Messner as the river boat captain and KaDee Strickland as one of the researchers were both likable enough to get behind whilst Matthew Marsden's boss scientist was the unscrupulous bastard we all love to hate and love to see eaten by Anacondas. The location photography was excellent and although the actors were probably playing their parts against hosepipes, the snake attacks were decent enough in their execution.

Although this was a box office success the next two sequels were direct to dvd so i'm expecting a bumpier ride but as far as Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid goes i had a good time revisiting it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anacondas_The_Hunt_for_the_Blood_Orchid_movie.jpg (17.8 KB, 3 views)