Old 20th May 2024, 05:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

One of the most consistently entertaining shows on television

I have managed to watch a number of episodes on YouTube and it has never fails to make me laugh

Anyway... filming has just started on the 18th series, and the initials of the contestants have been leaked:

A.Z.
B.A.
E.S.
J.D.
R.J.

People are suggesting that they stand for:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aleshe
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones
I'd be very happy with Andy Zaltzman and Jack Dee, who are both very quickwitted and entertaining. Including Rosie Jones would be a creative challenge because the series would have to have challenges that would not discriminate against someone who might be limited because of her cerebral palsy.

Although the only contestant in the current series I knew before was Steve Pemberton (and I am still unfamiliar with the other contestants beyond Taskmaster), I still find it great fun to watch and surprisingly engrossing.

It's a show with a brilliant concept that works because of the range of tasks, the relationship between Greg Davies and Alex Horne, and the rapport between the two presenters and the contestants.

It's good to know that, even after so many seasons, it can still be linked with fairly high profile celebrities who are willing to risk their reputations for public entertainment!