View Single Post
Old 1st June 2024, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Blood Tide (1982)

A young couple played by Martin Kove and Mary Louise Weller go to a Greek island where Kove's sister (Deborah Shelton) allegedly disappeared. Soon after arriving they find her shacked up with James Earl Jones' treasure hunter, whilst drug fueled ramblings of ancient monsters and human sacrifice are frequently spouted by islander Jose Ferrer and his cronies.

The island has the same sun drenched cliff tops of other 'classic' Greek set horrors such as Incense for the Damned (1981) and The Devil's Men (1976) and shares those films levels of comforting dreariness randomly punctuated by shots of beautiful deep blue seas and even more beautiful bikini babes - Those with a nervous disposition had better steer clear of Kove's small white shorts - Meanwhile James Earl Jones does his own private audition for the role of grizzled sea captain in a Jaws sequel that never happened.

Although produced by Nico Mastorakis this lacks the breathless energy of his directing gigs in the 80's, after an hour you realise there's more benign nothingness here than horror and yet i find it eminently watchable for all it's lacklustre goings on.
I believe that there were behind the scenes issues going on and it affected the production.

This was announced and released at the same time as White Fire and I agree with the fact that nothing happened until the end and it was so boring, I was wanting something to happen. Such a disappointment with a film with potential.