View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2024, 07:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I look forward to watching it !

*NOTE - This isn't sarcasm. I am genuinely looking forward to getting the boxset when it is released. It seems that this series has really divided viewers and I want to see it for myself to make up my own mind

None of the stories could be as bad as 'Legend Of The Sea Devils' tho !
I actually enjoyed watching the episode, i genuinely did, but thinking back about it, wow, it really doesn't bare thinking about.

The problem for me is there aren't enough good episodes to make me want to pay fifty quid for it which is the price of the Blu-ray. The Church on Ruby Road was average, Space Babies is the worst episode of Doctor Who i've ever seen, The Devil's Chord was okay (I loved the song and dance sequence at the end funnily enough - nobody else did), Boom was two minutes of Genesis of the Daleks padded out to 45 mins, 73 Yards was good but as with Ruby Road the questions it brought up were answered by damp squibs in the finale.

Dot and Bubble was excellent, Rogue was shit, and the grand finale typical Davies. Superb set up but poorly resolved. In this case by just taking the dog for a walk.

As for Legend of the Sea Devils? I love the Sea Devils in it, they look superb. That's one thing Chibnall did get entirely right in my opinion. His monster redesigns. Sontarans, Sea Devils and Cybermen all really good. As was his junkyard Recon Dalek and the redesign of the Recon Dalek for Revolution of the Daleks.