View Single Post
Old 24th June 2024, 09:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mississippi Burning

Outstanding Film based on the True Story of F.B.I. Agents played by Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe travel down to Mississippi to investigate the disappearance of 3 Civil Rights Activists in 1964. There they encounter Racism and The KKK. Both Hackman (As the gruff no nonsense Detective) and Dafoe (As the man in charge) At over 2 hours it's breezes by as it is very enthralling. Best bit was when they decide to fight the Racists at their own game which includes intimidation (Of the Mayor) and by Tobin Bell playing the F.B.I. Agent brought in to intimidate the suspects. Definitely a recommendation if you haven't seen it yet.

Bikeriders

Story told by the Girlfriend of one of the members of a Biker Gang in the 60's. Tom Hardy, Austin Butler and Jodie Comer star in a film that promised so much but delivered so little. I heard it was a cross between Good Fellas and Sons Of Anarchy but I didn't see it, definitely not as violent. Maybe I wasn't really in the mood but I was very disappointed.

Commando

Don't think I need to go into the plot but this is one of those perfect put on during a hot night type of Films. Completely ludicrous but thoroughly entertaining with Arnold Schwarzenegger delivering the goods with Vernon Wells with the Freddie Mercury look (Not sure if it was intentional) and a scrawny weasely type bady guy who you want to see get his.

As this was the Blu-Ray, I watched the Directors Cut with some scenes that might have been problematic back in it's initial release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mb.jpg (14.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (6.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg c.jpg (15.4 KB, 2 views)