View Single Post
Old 29th June 2024, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Yep, when the three specials aired i quite enjoyed them and was looking forward to the new series.
The Christmas episode and the couple that followed really deflated my expectations, then the series seemed to pick up, but it just seemed to fizzle out in the end.

I don't think the actors were bad just that they weren't given enough good writing to work with.
After watching the final episode on iplayer the story Rose began to play and I sat and watched that again.

I think Doctor Who works best when it is just a straightforward tale, Rose is very simple, just a character piece really with the Autons added in. Its basic and uncomplicated but works really well.

I just think that the more convoluted Dr Who gets the less effective it is, at the end of a story these days I always end up thinking I liked parts but this and that didn't make sense.
This ^ one hundred %.

It's like the finale and the return of Sutekh. Fantastic! Then we are told it's been riding on the outside of the TARDIS since the end of Pyramids of Mars.

WTF?

You'd have thought Idris might have mentioned this during The Doctor's Wife or.. well, probably best not to mention The Big Bang in which the TARDIS BLEW UP taking much of the universe with it.