View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2024, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"A lot of speculation and assumption that the GUTS trilogy will be cut to pieces and 88 is crazy for picking them up.

Against all expectations and despite a few setbacks all 3 will be released UNCUT so dive into the raw and unfiltered vision of director Kazuo 'Gaira' Komizu, known for his daring and controversial films. This is a rare opportunity to experience these gore films as intended.

Here is a little extra artwork teaser
"

HOWEVER... someone on FB asked the question: "Wait, uncut and "unfiltered" meaning the blurring has been removed too? Or uncut just meaning the most uncut version, but still censored in that regard? It's my understanding they can't exist without the blurring, but I want to make sure I understand" to which 88Films replied: "there is no version without the blurring, that IS the film."

So it is uncut, but still censored

Pre-order available at Amazon UK - UK$40:00
It was planned and filmed with the blurring because of Japanese rules banning genitalia on screen. Blurring was standard practice. If you take away the blurring you would be able to see that the actors were wearing modesty patches. Calling it censored suggests that this was not the way it was intended to be shown.