View Single Post
Old 19th July 2024, 02:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It is obvious that Nu-Who is being promoted - after all, that is the current incarnation (pardon the pun), and the inclusion of it in DWM keeps people up-to-date with the current episodes and happenings

It doesn't make any sense to live in the past, and for a magazine to promote something that happened 35 years ago
Just to add to this and my earlier post.

I do know for a fact that when the show isn't in production and the casual readers drift away the main core readership is the same one that was with the magazine throughout the wilderness years so the editorial content does tend to go back to articles that keep that readership happy.

For me the best articles are when they do proper candid interviews with people rather than simply collect soundbites from the likes of Millie and Susan Twist that have been cleared by the production
office.

Ncuti Gatwa has hardly been interviewed at all other than one main feature a few months ago. Jodie Whitaker was a similar scenario. Whereas Tennant, Smith and to a lesser extent Capaldi were regular interviewees. Probably why they are the most popular of the 2005- Doctors.