View Single Post
Old 19th July 2024, 09:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Boys: Season 4

If you read the reviews saying that this Season was treading water, then you would have had a good idea of how this season went. If you follow American Politics, then you can see where the ideas come from. It's also true about there being shocks for shocks sake (Especially Episode 6)

I love the Series so it does pain me to do a negative review but the frustrating thing was that no matter what the Boys had on Homelander and co, it never seemed to matter and the bad guys would just carry on as normal. I know that it happens in real life but in a TV show, I don't like it when either the good or bad guys are in complete control for long periods of time.

It wouldn't shock me that in Season 5 that the good guys start getting their way until episode 7. Still excellent performances all round especially Antony Starr and Karl Urban.

Cobra Kai: Season 6 Part I

The first 5 episodes which basically is trading water or going round in circles which sees conflicts and affiliations recycled from previous seasons which a storyline involving Mr. Myagi being something new. This should have been a 90 minute special instead of 5 episodes.

Fitting that these shows either ended or started their current seasons as in a way I have found memories of during Lockdown, trying to order the DVD of Season 1&2 of Cobra Kai from Amazon but being sold out so I went to the back up of the Season 1 DVD of The Boys only for Cobra Kai to be back in stock when I started watching it. Obviously I bought it.

2 very good investments but I'm pretty sure I would have gotten The Boys anyhow.