Old 20th July 2024, 11:27 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I like 'Daredevil'

I've got both the theatrical version and the directors cut on DVD, and I think they are wonderful films, not deserving of the criticism they receive

'Elektra' (and 'Catwoman') *were* awful tho, and I got rid of both as soon as I had watched them !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm with you, Susan. I love Daredevil.

Like you i have the theatrical release on dvd plus the directors cut on a region one release and a dvd steelbook. I also own the directors cut on Blu-ray.
I don't dislike Daredevil because Colin Farrell is very entertaining as Bullseye and the late, great, Michael Clarke Duncan is superbly cast as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, but it always seems like there is a better film available with the source material and the talented ensemble cast.

I really like the TV series because Charlie Cox is a better Matt Murdock/Daredevil than Ben Affleck was, I love the relationships with Foggy and Karen, and Vincent D'Onofrio gives Fisk a nuance and depth which isn't in the film, helped by the additional time to tell the story and develop the characters.

All this makes me want to find my R1 DVD and watch the director's cut again, which would be the first viewing in several years.