View Single Post
Old 31st July 2024, 09:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Deadpool And Wolverine

Deadpool's Universe is under threat and he teams up with Wolverine in order to save it. They bicker a lot and there are some interesting cameos as well as a great scroll along fight scene, but I wasn't totally in love with it. Probably wasn't in the mood to see it but felt that I had to get it out of the way.

Ong Bak: The Beginning

Prequel to Ong Bak that sees Tony Jaa both Act And Direct in a Film about a boy seeking to get revenge on the people who murdered his parents. Lots of training sequences but I found it to be quite boring, kinda seen it all before kind of thing.

Blue Chips

Nick Nolte is a College Basketball Coach who after his 1st losing season, has a mental battle with himself on whether to break rules other teams are doing or keep things honest. Very interesting take on the sports movie which dwells on whether it's unethical to break rules or it's providing things to the players who deserve to get paid.

Lean On Me

Morgan Freeman is the tough Headmaster sent to sort out a tough, underperforming School. His methods aren't popular but gets the job done. Freeman is mesmerizing as well as Robert Gullaume. Tony Todd has a small role as a Security Guard. Based on a True Story, it kept me entertained.

Turk 182

When his Brother is denied benefits after a injury, his Brother played by Timothy Hutton irritates the Mayor by using graffiti and other methods in order to stop is re-election. Kim Cattrell and Peter Boyle co-star in a really fun Film which is different to what I normally watch.

Samuel L. Jackson is a Teacher who after getting Stabbed in School is sent to another tough school, where he makes enemies with members of a gang. Kelly Rowan and John Heard co-star. This was written by a Teacher so I'm getting their insights I'm assuming. In a way it's nothing that I haven't seen before but 3 quarters in, there's a whodunit storyline and a ending that's new to this kind of Film.

Back in the day I would see this around in sales but there was always something else, Rental as well. I thought this would have been around as a DVD and/or Blu-Ray in the UK but alas it seemed to slip through the cracks, so I got the Polish DVD from Amazon. Anyway whilst 10 minutes too long, it was decent.

Reality Bites

Gen Z Film which sees the lives of a group of College Students who recently Graduated and what happens next. This is one of those Films that I wanted to love but it just didn't reach those heights. Great Soundtrack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daw.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg obtb.jpg (12.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bc.jpg (15.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg lom.jpg (11.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg t182.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 187.jpg (12.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rb.jpg (14.0 KB, 3 views)