View Single Post
Old 4th August 2024, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Although I haven't seen many swimming races, those I have seen have been thoroughly engaging and, in several cases, extremely close. The men's 100 m breaststroke, for example, saw the three medallists separated by only 2/100s of a second, and I really felt for Adam Peaty, whose quest for three consecutive Olympic golds in that event was so tantalisingly close.

As you said, the footage has been extremely good, the BBC commentary has accentuated the excitement from the water, and the analysis has been informative and emotionally engaging.

I've just finished watching the first three series of Dad's Army, featuring 29 episodes I haven't seen before. Many of them are cleverly scripted with jokes that are superbly delivered, but a couple (particularly The Day the Balloon Went Up) focused more on spectacle and slapstick internment to the detriment of the usual high-quality dialogue from the two writers and the fine ensemble cast.

I'll probably begin watching the fourth series after writing this and finish it in the next couple days.