View Single Post
Old 6th August 2024, 06:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
See the thing is with Doctor Who these days for me is this.

Twice Upon A Time was the last genuinely good Story of Doctor Who until The Star Beast. But the last genuinely great/masterpiece Story though was World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls. Shortly after watching it, although I didn't think much of it at the time, I considered the idea that it could've been the end. As in, the definitive ending to the show. It was sheer perfection from start to finish and he could've went out in a literal blaze of glory blowing up the Cybermen. But hey, I looked forward to Whitaker years and how it was supposed to feel like the classic series.

I really did consider World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls as the end
I still consider World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls as the end. Twice Upon a Time is a nice aside as the Doctor was dying for that final time and he got to see his earliest self one last time to bring it full circle.

That's why my Image of the Day posts only go as far as Capaldi.

There have been some excellent episodes since but the show has changed almost beyond recognition since Moffat left. I too was hoping RT-D would be a reboot but it's actually getting worse tone wise albeit with one or two good episodes thrown in.

I haven't bought a single season on dvd / Blu since Capaldi finished there's just not enough decent material to warrant buying them anymore although i have bought the three Dalek New Years specials as they were all good in my opinion.

Davies never could manage a decent finale to his often brilliant set up episodes and Empire of Death was no exception. It was fun to watch and let it sail over you but dear God! Never, ever, go back and think about it. It's bloody awful story telling.