View Single Post
Old 18th August 2024, 03:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Today's Sunday afternoon film was the first Alien vs Predator. Fans of "serious cinema" won't be impressed but I had a lot of fun with it. Of course if I really wanted to upset people, I'd tell them how I enjoy it far more than Alien 3 (which to me has always been an almost total misfire).

I don't mind the first 25 mins or so of Alien 3 (either cut) but after that I find myself watching mostly indistinguishable British shaven head actors running around shouting things like "wanker." Also the superimposed rod puppet xenomorphs have always looked terrible, even at day one in the cinema.

AVP is much more fun, the creature effects look good and the film never outstays it's welcome. I also get to see Trainspotting's Spud (yes I know his real name) in an Alien movie. That's my money's worth right there. AVP is an enjoyable unpretentious film and for me, a good way to spend an afternoon.

btw Afterwards I ordered a cheap bd copy of recent Predator film Prey.
I agree with your assessment of Alien vs Predator but not Alien 3. The directors cut really adds to that film.

I've seen AvP way more times than i've seen Aliens.