View Single Post
Old 31st August 2024, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Chalet Girl (2011)

Kim (An excellent Felicity Jones) used to be a champion skater until her mother died in a car accident and she lost her nerve. Now stuck in a dead end job she gets the opportunity to work in Austria for four months as a chalet girl - someone who lives in and looks after expensive chalets for rich clients.

Filmed on location in the Alps, Chalet Girl is a stunning advertisement for St. Anton and all the other beautiful alpine villages. However the film wouldn't work without it's hugely enjoyable, occasionally cheeky story line and fantastic cast including Tamsin Egerton, Bill Nighy, Bill Bailey, Brook Shields and Ed Westwick.

A film that will never change your world admittedly, yet Chalet Girl is an enjoyable romp with immensely likeable characters and humerous if not rip roaringly funny scenarios. The film is a very easy watch and one i revisit often. St Anton, a beautiful part of the Tirol, is somewhere i've holidayed (In the summer. I can't ski or snowboard to save my life...although i've never tried) and it looks gorgeous on Blu-ray.