View Single Post
Old 1st September 2024, 02:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Emperor - Live at Wacken 2006

A storming headline slot at Wacken Open Air, intense yet catchy with it, Curse You All Men and The Loss and Curse of Reverence being highlights for me along with I Am the Black Wizards. Genuine proof that Black Metal bands can headline to huge stadium size crowds.

The sound on the dvd is excellent and the image quality good.

Arch Enemy - Live Apocalypse

A huge headline show at London's Forum for the Swedish melodic death metal band. The 5:1 sound mix is head spinning showcasing the extraordinary guitar work from the Amott brothers whilst Angela Gossow, with that voice, is a towering presence.

My only grumble is that My Apocalypse, the song the dvd got it's name from, is only part of the extra tracks recorded at a show at Manchester Academy along with another popular hit also not in the main set list - Nemesis.

Disc two offers at over an hour and a half an extended look into life with Arch Enemy with plenty of docs and music videos.

Incubus - Alive at Red Rocks

Incubus aren't close to being a favourite band but the Red Rocks ampitheatre in Colorado is a stunning natural back drop.A concert that's always worth a watch to see cracking songs like Megalomaniac, Nice to Know You, Wish U Were Here and Talk Shows on Mute along with an interesting visual display for certain tracks.

Despite always enjoying this concert my mind does wander during some of the less interesting songs to wishing i had concerts of other more favourite bands playing this spectacular natural cliff feature.

The strange thing is i can never think of who exactly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2175 (Large).jpg (96.7 KB, 1 views)