View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2024, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just watched the last episode of Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams: On Tour.

I only watched the first episode because it was on straight after Celeb Master Chef on a Tuesday night and i couldn't be bothered to select a film to watch but i'm pleased i did as i found the series quite interesting and involving as former cricket great Andrew Flintoff took his disparate team of Preston youngsters out to Kolkata in India on tour to gain new experiences.

It was an emotional experience as we saw the working class lads basically come of age and transform into young men but also for Flintoff himself who faced his own demons as this was the first time he'd pretty much been seen since the horrific car crash on Top Gear left him with life changing injuries.

It wasn't smooth going, the lads had plenty of issues and at times annoyed Freddie and sidekick Kyle Hogg with their slack time keeping and all round messing about, but you could see them all grow as human beings as the four part series progressed. It was obvious they all respected Flintoff both for his achievements in cricket and as a person.

There's a hell of a lot of reality shite on tv nowadays, this however was not. It was a life affirming experience for all and the sort of thing that brings a bit of hope to this crumbling world.