View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

28 Weeks Later (2007)

I was planning on getting rid of this today having found out that both it and the original 28 Days Later are long out of print on Blu-ray and going for silly money. Cex are offering twenty quid in credit or 14 in cash for the double disc version i have, but having decided to watch it one last time last night changed my mind and on my shelf it remains.

Of course there was the other issue too. There's a new film out next year 28 Years Later. Get rid of this disc now and just buy all three again in the inevitable box set. And then i realised it's from Fox or Disney as they are now called so there's every chance it won't ever get released again and it's just too darn good to get rid of with a genuinely gripping second half.

I was basically once again on the edge of my seat as Jeremy Renner's small party of humans tried to get out of London. Under attack from infected humans, military snipers and mass extermination by fire and gas, it's truly thrilling stuff and Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's film plays out on a far greater scale than Danny Boyle's first film, which incidentally, looks bloody awful on Blu-ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28_Weeks_Later_poster.jpg (15.4 KB, 3 views)