View Single Post
Old Today, 08:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightbreed: The Ultimate Cabal Cut.

Clive Barker's original vision of his novel Cabal, which runs just over 3 hours and to be honest it was good seeing the full work print but you can tell what has been added in with the fuzzy clips and sometimes no dialogue that comes up with subtitles due to lost audio. As much as I love this film i'm still gonna stick with the theatrical cut.

download.jpeg

The Changeling. 1980.

George C. Scott is a solid presence in this film as the man bewildered by this huge old home, with Scott's wife, the elegant Trish Van Devere, cast as a member of the local historical society instrumental in having secured him this house. Melvyn Douglas appears as a U.S. senator who is somehow related to the house.Director Peter Medak lets the suspense build slowly in this intelligent made ghost story. Rather than going for terror, this film goes for subtle chills. There's a seance scene that is genuinely eerie, as Medak's camera returns to that small room and then starts to glide down the stairs towards the seance participants trying to communicate with the spirit. Some ghost films are all special effects and over the top performances of terror. Like the best of the classy, more mature films that explore the supernatural and never goes for cheap thrills.

MV5BNjMzZWFmZWEtNWE0My00MDcwLTg4YzItMTczOTJkN2Q2NGY0XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg