View Single Post
Old 10th October 2024, 10:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Collection. 2012.

Sequel to The Collector, Arkin who survived the collector is now recruited by a rich man's body guard to lead them to where he was taken to find a missing girl, their objective is to rescue the girl and kill the man in the mask. Instead of being in a house, this time round it's in the abandoned Hotel Argento, nice little nod to Dario, where anything is possible with the entrapment's with some good kills and plenty of the blood splatter involved. May not be the best sequel but certainly entertains.

9d534e6SzjliZDaiR4AwgvKknMf-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Session 9. 2001.

A Asbestos cleaning company are hired to clear out a abandoned psychiatric hospital where things of the past begin to resurface.

film is a psychological thriller that, rather than being horror oriented with serial killers, focuses more on offering a slow and stealthy journey to a disturbed mind hidden among the protagonists. This is a independent film that did not require a large budget and its greatest strength is the story it offers. During the first days that the protagonists spend in the abandoned asylum, nothing interesting happens until the old recordings found begin to give hints of something disturbing that happened in the past. What actually makes this work is Peter Mullen and David Curosoe taking the leads and a some decent writing. I thought nothing much about this when I first saw it and now I actually enjoyed it more.

download (3).jpeg