View Single Post
Old 11th October 2024, 09:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creepshow. 1982.

A anthology of tales, a father returns from the grave on Father's day to get a cake he always wanted. A lonely farmer touches a meteorite and begins to change into something. A husband finds his wife's lover and buries him in the sand only for them to return from the sea. A janitor at a university finds a crate under the stairs and with a professor cracks it open. A bitter old miser living in a penthouse apartment has a slight problem with cockroaches. In between all that, young Billy plans to get revenge on his dad. Classic anthology flick from George Romero and Stephen King adding in their little touches of horror, the stories are good but Father's Day and The Crate are my favourite out of this bunch.
81Hb+YC5hsL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Creepshow 2. 1987.

More tales of terror in this instalment, A statue of a old indian comes to life and goes on a revenge spree after the owners are killed. 4 teens decide to go swimming at a lake and end up being stalked by a black blob. A adulterous woman tries to race her husband home after being with her lover, ends up killing a hitch hiker who comes back to torment her.

Romero and King do return to this but as writers only and passed the direction to someone else who hyped up the movie with a Crypt Keeper played by Tom Savini in a comic book style. This time we only have 3 short stories which are good but i never been a fan of The Hitch-Hiker segment even though every time we see him, he is slowly decaying.

image.jpg