View Single Post
Old 14th October 2024, 09:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 11th

Halloween II (2009)

Rob Zombie's Halloween II is a sadistic and brutal film helped by the fact Tyler Mane as Michael Myers is a genuinely frightening character, huge in build, incredibly powerful and shit scaring to look at, so much so that he makes other filmic Myers look like someone playing dress up in a cheap Captain Kirk mask.

The film goes in depth as to how the events of two years previous affected the survivors. From Malcolm McDowell's Loomis attempting to make money from his experiences trying to flog his book based on the first film's story to Laurie attempting to get her life back together and then we have her complex psychological connection to Michael.

Whilst Laurie (Scout Taylor-Compton) - I love what Zombie has done with the character - rather standing up to and wanting to face Myers, Taylor-Compton does what the majority of us would do were Michael to start brandishing that bloody great kitchen knife, and hide under a desk until he'd gone.

Despite all the darkness and white horses (A part of the film i've come to appreciate rather than despise as i once did) the film has some reasonable humour. Funniest bit - Loomis is on a tv chat show promoting his book and fellow guest Weird Al Yankovic chips in asking "I'm a little confused. Are we talking about the Austin Powers Mike Myers or is this someone else?

Having just bought this Blu-ray i found out that it was a title that people elsewhere had found it to stutter and or freeze like some other EIV titles so had to watch it immediately in case it was being returned. Thankfully the disc played without any issues whatsoever and looked and sounded great.

I'll keep hold of the dvd though. Just in case

All Hallows' Eve (2013)

Decent portmanteau horror about a babysitter who decides to watch a video cassette that had been left in one of her charges Halloween goodie bags.

Although let down at times by lack of budget All Hallows' Eve isn't bad at all. We have demonic creatures, aliens and Art the clown - a breakout star who ended up with his own movie series including this years Terrifier 3

The acting isn't the best although Katie Maguire is excellent as the babysitter. It's clear the film was made by people who have a passion for the genre as there are some beautifully gruesome gore sequences and becomes creepier throughout culminating in a clever idea as the final act.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jwCYHCvn421Fy7MA0abvOhc7woo.jpg (93.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (32.6 KB, 3 views)