Thread: EXTREME METAL
View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

KKs Priest with Support from Tailgunner The Academy Dublin.

First off The Academy is my favorite venue in Dublin the sound is always spot on the venue is the perfect size no restricted view and the location is right bang in the city centre and it's a minutes walk to the tram stop to bring me back to my car for the nights I need to drive back anyway enough venue reviews this is a music review

Ok so with a lot of support acts I didn't know Tailgunner so before the announcement of their support so after a few listens I'm not on board the music sounds great but the vocals are very weak he just doesn't have the power to deliver the high pitched style he is going for and that's really holding the band back for me. During the gig the two guitarists kept doing these ridiculous shred sections it happened 3 times and believe me it wasn't impressive at all just like two cats scratching the strings on the guitars I felt sort of embarrassed for them cause they thought they were the b*ll*x and even more embarrassing was the fact a legend like KK was sitting back stage. The embarrassment hit a high when the singer came out and shouts we are here putting heavy metal back on the map then says welcome to the revolution and holds up a homemade sign with the words Welcome to the Revolution written on it and a tinfoil handle Highlight of their set was a cover of Dios don't talk to strangers but even that was ruined but sub par vocal performance.

Time for KK to show these whipper snappers how it's really done. The set list was the perfect balance of Priest and KK Priest songs the set is rip roaring HEAVY F**KING METAL start to finish. Ripper Owens voice is so powerful it doesn't even look like the man is even having to try he just opens his mouth and the most beautiful sound you have ever heard comes flowing out it's amazing. The band are so tight and working in perfect harmony it's a match made in heavy metal heaven or hell which ever sounds more metal . Ripper works the crowd perfectly just the right amount of chat without over doing it but it genuine no bs pandering for cheers the whole way through you can tell the band are loving life with big smiles on their faces. KK then does a solo showing the previous band how it's really done and showing us age means nothing. My only complaint was how tight is rubber pants were and with all his money surely he can afford boxers cause I got a face full of penis that showed way too much detail

If you get the chance to see KKs Priest do not hesitate absolutely amazing.

Obviously not extreme metal but I'll just post gigs here so WHATEVER