Thread: EXTREME METAL
View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

a3247645680_65 (1).jpeg

1349 released their new album The Kong and the Wolf earlier this month I'm only getting around to listening to it today so this is just a quick few thoughts after a couple of listens.

You know exactly what your going to get with 1349 and that's not a bad thing they are always consistent but they always make a few little tweaks here and there keeping things fresh whilst keeping things familiar never a band that rests on it's laurels but you know this is 1349 right away.

Ravns vocals as strong as ever maybe even more crisp than previous albums the drumming is sublime but did I really even
have to mention that really now really . Archaon blasts out brilliant riff after brilliant riff and the bass of Seidemann is really brought to the front I love bass and any album gets an instant hell yes from me when bass is celebrated rather than hidden is the mix. But it's not all good sadly the song Inferior Pathways is bloody horrible that chorus is very very annoying Ravn sings Inferior Pathways 20 or 30 times it actually made me want to skip the song altogether he even appears to have developed an English gentleman's accent every time he says inferior pathways no I mean just for those two words and then after that track everything goes back to normal it's like I was trapped in a fever dream

The King and the Wolf is a great album I'm sure will get better with further listens these are just a few fresh raw thoughts but it slots in perfectly in and already fantastic discography.

Hopefully a tour next years.