Thread: EXTREME METAL
View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Attachment 252990

Immortal have always been one of my top tier bands so getting a chance to be in the same room as the legend that is Abbath was a dream come true but was this a dream or a nightmare let find out......

The first of the support band was Sacriligia from Dublin great to see an Irish band supporting such a big act and holy sh!t did they show that they deserved the gig. This is black trash metal at its finest vocally evil and harsh musically fast as hell but plenty of groove it's not like mindless speed for the sake of speed. Check out their album The Triclavian Advent and EP Sold Under Sin their set was too short I wasn't ready for them to be done. Brilliant opener to the night.

The Crawling were the next band from Northern Ireland. I had only heard a few songs in preparation for seeing them so it was all new to me and I'll tell you right away I fell in love with this band. The are a doom death metal band you can hear some Paradise Lost influence for sure but they are 100% their own thing. You really need to check this band out again I could of listened to them for the night. An added bonus was that the guys in the band were really great down to earth people and their manager / merch buy who I all met at their merch booth. Check them out on YouTube they do these great blog videos documenting their tours it's pretty funny too just like my own car their van keeps breaking down and hilarity ensues

You could taste the tension and the expectancy while waiting for Abbath to get on the stage and in typical rock star fashion he made us wait granted it was 10 minutes but it felt like an eternity he walked on stage holding a can and people were genuinely nervous until he took a swig and it was shown to be a can of liquid death thank fook for that. Abbath is amazing it's as simple as that he just has a aura about him he was having a great time he was smiling and happy he interacted with the crowd and his band but he was constantly playing himself down and putting all the focus on his band members which was great just cause the band is called Abbath it's still a band not just him. Belting out Immortal classic after Immortal classic I had chills all night I never thought I would ever get to hear Immortal live well at least the songs anyway I have goosebumps just reliving it now. He sounded perfect just like on record and as a guitar player I have always find he is criminally underrated he has been goofy in the past and he still is but that's the charm of Abbath he doesn't take himself too serious and that makes him more relatable and more likeable but this man is a serious musician I absolutely love him. Also he looked at me now I know what those girls felt like the first time they saw Elvis or the Beatles inside I was screaming like a girl but outside I remained tough

Go see Abbath it's that simple.

Also check out the other two bands.

PXL_20240625_201010358.jpg PXL_20240625_191334973.jpg PXL_20240625_183144475.MP.jpg PXL_20240625_201028957.jpg

As you can see he was clearly looking right at me