View Single Post
Old 16th April 2010, 02:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, as a German I really do enjoy those 70's/80's German dubs for exploitation movies, particularly those which landed on that over-sized list of films "banned in Germany" during the 80's VHS witchhunts, like "Mother's Day", "Anthropophagus", "A Bay of Blood", "Tenebrae", "Dawn of the Dead", "Phantasm" etc.
Sometimes- like in the case of "House on the Edge of the Park"- those German dubs are even sleazier/nastier than the English language version, featuring actors/voices, which would later become celebrities and/or regular dubbing voices for big Hollywood stars, adding that extra flavour to the likes of "Last House on the Left" etc.
It's neat getting so many of them on shiny discs as the original video tapes are both, expensive and often barely usable by now.

@Roughale: I fully agree regarding the over-pricing of some of those Austrian/Swiss releases!
The silly limitations on those seemingly endless "rare" re-releases of cherished fan favourites DO get annoying after a while.
Disagree about the hartboxes though, particularly considering that I rarely find any fancy packaging on Scandinavian releases over here in Helsinki.