View Single Post
Old 18th April 2010, 09:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Got to enjoy "Kick Ass" Friday afternoon. Keep reading how 'over the top' the Hit Girl character is. Most mainstream critics must not have watched too many Asian movies. I'd never read the comic book or even heard of it until seeing the first trailers. Now I have to order the HB collection.

Thought it was funny as all get out & enjoyed Nicholas Cage 'channeling' Adam West's vocal delivery while talking to his little honey bunny. Big time fun.

About the only things I can do anymore involve sitting down due to my health so am grateful my son takes the old man out for some fresh air & a movie at least once a week. He's off Thursday so hopefully we will check out a double feature of "Kick Ass" again along with "Death at a Funeral" in those super comfy seats at The Rave. Still felt a bit all right Friday night so watched the DVD of "Ed Wood" again. Golly, during this stage of Depp's career he would have made a perfect Desi Arnaz in a Lucy biopic.

Been sick the past few days but did indulge another of my loves this afternoon: 'B' Westerns by watching Tom Mix in "Destry Rides Again" (1932 & nothing like the James Stewart version) & comparing the old VHS bootleg of a Johnny Mack Brown/Tex Ritter Universal Western "Deep in the Heart of Texas" with the beautiful print I recorded from Encore Westerns & hoping they will be showing many more. Fun experience actually seeing the image instead of a multi-generation dupe transfered from a 16 mm print.
I'm weird...
Been mentally kicking myself in the rear for not being physically able to attend the 24 hr. SF marathon in Columbus this weekend. Just can't take the travel.
Trying to get an urge to pop in a horror movie but after suffering through "The Black Waters of Echo's Pond" at The Rave the week before might be a while.
Hang in there! From the Wilds of SW Ohio, Dan