View Single Post
Old 26th April 2010, 05:59 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Yesterday's moviethon included.....

BLACK HAWK DOWN-BR-Dumb and full a cum hoo-ah gung ho nonsense.But very entertaining nonsense.

THE WILD GEESE-Never tire of this....RAFER-GET ON THE ****ING PLANE!

WHERE EAGLES DARE-Burton double bill.Class.Ingrid's Alps are as fine as the mountain range on which it was filmed.
Some fine watches there.
\
Have to say though, I don't see "Black Hawk" as gung-ho.
I thought it a very powerful (if exciting, yes) look at men thrown into a f hellhole (that's just as bad now), fighting armed militia who steal aid from their own starving people and getting nothing but abuse for it while trying to just survive.
Damn fine film that, just like "The Hurt Locker", is basically about the soldier on the ground just doing his job.

LOVE "Geese". Never gets old as you said. Stunning cast and some great, violent, action.

I like "Eagles", but Eastwood gets almost forgotten next to Burton...which must be why they gave him that wonderfully outrageous 'shooting half the German army in a corridor' sequence just so people remembered he was in the film!
Burton is wonderful though and only he could sell that wildly complicated, dialogue drowned, sequence in the dining room!
Top notch music as well.