View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I saw the Freedy v Jason in town last week and wasn't sure on it but your recommendation of a good transfer is all I need to get it Daemonia.
It looks amazing on BD, Vips. I compared it with the regular DVD (upscaled) and the detail and clarity didn't even come close - and I always thought the DVD was a good release! I just couldn't resist the sight of Freddy and Jason in HD (although the opening montage from previous Freddy flicks just makes me want them on BD even more - such a tease!). You won't be disappointed, mate - it's a cracking Blu-ray, I'm certainly not sorry I picked it up.

Sometimes, a good way to compare the quality is to check out the special features on the BD, usually, if there's a featurette on there, it'll have sequences from the film presented in regular SD DVD quality. I've done this a few times and been shocked at the massive difference in quality! It's suddenly like watching the film on fuzzy VHS! That's when you appreciate just how good the Blu-ray presentation you just watched really is.