View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It looks amazing on BD, Vips. I compared it with the regular DVD (upscaled) and the detail and clarity didn't even come close - and I always thought the DVD was a good release! I just couldn't resist the sight of Freddy and Jason in HD (although the opening montage from previous Freddy flicks just makes me want them on BD even more - such a tease!). You won't be disappointed, mate - it's a cracking Blu-ray, I'm certainly not sorry I picked it up.

Sometimes, a good way to compare the quality is to check out the special features on the BD, usually, if there's a featurette on there, it'll have sequences from the film presented in regular SD DVD quality. I've done this a few times and been shocked at the massive difference in quality! It's suddenly like watching the film on fuzzy VHS! That's when you appreciate just how good the Blu-ray presentation you just watched really is.
Thanks for the tip's mate.

Them teaser trailers really do make you wanna buy the BD's dont they, even when its of films that you have the ultimate dvd of.