View Single Post
Old 27th July 2010, 10:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Toy Story 3
Pixar do it again. This near perfect third film in the series makes this one of the best trilogies I've ever seen. This has humour and drama in equal measures and packs quite an emotional punch by the end. I do hope they leave this lie now so the series can go out on a high. The big baby doll with the bonk eye freaked me out a bit though. I can only guess how the younger kids would take that character.

Demons
I saw this years ago and had fairly positive memories from what I could recall. Time has not been kind though and my memory is far from perfect. This may be action packed and full of gore but it still managed to bore me at times. Nowhere near as good as I remembered it with a few good set pieces only.

Massacre Time
From the title and director (Lucio Fulci) you could be forgiven for thinking this would be a horror gorefest. In actual fact this is a rather tame Spaghetti Western with a relatively high body count from the mid sixties featuring Franco Nero in a fairly subdued role. Fairly humourless and downbeat, but Django this is not.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!