View Single Post
Old 27th July 2010, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Slaughtered Vomit Dolls was an interesting experience. Like doing acid while watching a peep show.

Watched tonight: The Cremator (1969) - Juraj Herz

"Kopfrkingel (Rudolf Hrusinsky) runs a successful crematorium. It's obvious something is amiss by how he regards his work; using Buddhist philosophy to wax lyrical about reincarnation, he considers death as an end to suffering and unhappiness and the afterlife one's transformation into something better. A man proud of his work, he boasts that he can burn a body to ashes in just 75 minutes. He gradually becomes swept along by the rise of Nazism, which is gaining a foothold in Czechoslovakia, which is about to be invaded prior to the outbreak of war. He considers Germany a huminitarian state with excellent laws on cremation. He obviously thinks he could perform his job more efficiently under the Germans; a horrifying thought. His seduction by Nazism takes on a shocking dimension, for his wife is half-Jewish, thus his children are one quarter Jewish, and believing Jews to be unhappy and in need of having their souls saved, he embarks on a gruesome means of doing so."

Dreamy, poetic, and a real treat to watch.

8/10
Loved both of those films BE.

I just watched "Monster A-Go Go". It should have been off the scale in greatness as both Bill Rebane and H.G. Lewis had a hand in making it, sadly it's very much a slow train to snoozeville. Still the music was excellent in a garage punk/surf style.

It is on a double bill from Something Weird with the mighty "Psyched By The 4-D Witch". My contender for best film I've seen this year so far.