View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2010, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched Logan's Run last night. I first saw it as a kid in the cinema, have watched it many times since and I still find it highly enjoyable. It's not a film with huge amounts of substance but there's something about '70's sci-fi pre-Star Wars that really grabs me, whether it's the future gone wrong or sinister sterile utopia's where life has no meaning, Plenty of model and matte work to give it a tactile feeling too.

I've still got the dvd but it's in the UK so couldn't compare the two. Nice clean print but a lot of it is soft-focus so it's not something to tout the abilities of HD with but immediately the solid red clothing and general colour stability shone out. There's a nice fine layer of grain throughout and low level detail in the few darker scenes is a big improvement. The transfer shines more when you get to the outdoor scenes, with a more vibrant feel than the bleak domed city.

It's also one of those film that has always puzzled me regarding the BBFC. It was an 'A' and I must have been only 8 or 9 when I saw it but they had no qualms about letting me see Jenny Agutter's T & A as well as the short dark orgy room scene.