Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2012, 11:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I am sad, just discovered the facts about this after puzzling about the absence and probably waking Kyle up wiith a PM ...

I do have them on facebook, but see no comparison to how they were represented here, I wish them luck but moan the decision... At least they brought me quite a few great releases and best of all: They brought me to this place and I am here to stay...
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:39 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Emailed Arrow today about my order placed on 30 November. Apparently there was a delay with orders due to demand but mine were dispatched on 13th December.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hi Daemonia,
I've never, ever minded criticism. I don't actually believe art is subjective either. It's either good or bad. When Blood Feast 2, Deep Red and Island of Death went up here, people liked them and I knew I'd done a good job and when Inferno and Bay of Blood went up I knew I hadn't! If I did Cat 'O Nine Tails and Bird With The Crystal Plumage again I'd do them different too. Back then I was loath to use stills but looking at how popular The Dude's and Graham Humphries covers are I refer to photographs more now. I still don't exactly copy or trace 'em though! Of course, nobody here had a go at my actual technique (unlike my wife!) and as Cult Labs is by far and away the best forum to get an honest evaluation I shall continue to keep plagueing you all with my etchings.
Even though I do often limp away in tears!
I suppose that's one way of 'honing your craft' and making sure you can receive honest, impartial feedback and develop as an artist. As you said, you would do things differently now and that's what comes with maturing.

This year, I read through a dissertation I wrote about a decade ago and shuddered at the construction, grammar and the way I framed the entire argument, so I imagine the same self-improvement is the same for musicians, authors, photographers, filmmakers and many other professions.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hi Daemonia,
I've never, ever minded criticism. I don't actually believe art is subjective either. It's either good or bad. When Blood Feast 2, Deep Red and Island of Death went up here, people liked them and I knew I'd done a good job and when Inferno and Bay of Blood went up I knew I hadn't! If I did Cat 'O Nine Tails and Bird With The Crystal Plumage again I'd do them different too. Back then I was loath to use stills but looking at how popular The Dude's and Graham Humphries covers are I refer to photographs more now. I still don't exactly copy or trace 'em though! Of course, nobody here had a go at my actual technique (unlike my wife!) and as Cult Labs is by far and away the best forum to get an honest evaluation I shall continue to keep plagueing you all with my etchings.
Even though I do often limp away in tears!
I've always liked your artworks, even if they aren't the most accurate representations of the film

I remember finding out that you were doing a new artwork for Deadly Spawn, instead of the atrocious placeholder they had, and was very excited, and that still remains to this day, I my opinion one of the best Arrow covers.

BTW, have you thought about, or do you do shirts? Because I would so get your Deep Red design on a shirt.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th December 2012, 11:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
BTW, have you thought about, or do you do shirts? Because I would so get your Deep Red design on a shirt.
He sure does

Stunningly Savage - Home
fuzzymctiger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th December 2012, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Ooh, there's quite a few Arrow covers.

On another note, the original for Deadly Spawn is still avalible!! Now if I can just convince my parents to invest £500 in a piece of fine art....

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th December 2012, 11:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I wonder if Rick was influenced in any way by the 70's Italian fumetti covers because some of your art reminds me of those?
Old 17th December 2012, 12:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I am sad, just discovered the facts about this after puzzling about the absence and probably waking Kyle up wiith a PM ...

I do have them on facebook, but see no comparison to how they were represented here, I wish them luck but moan the decision... At least they brought me quite a few great releases and best of all: They brought me to this place and I am here to stay...
Hmmm....do you know why they left then? This hasn't even been properly explained to any of us on here yet. I'd certainly be interested to know....
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:30 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Emailed Arrow today about my order placed on 30 November. Apparently there was a delay with orders due to demand but mine were dispatched on 13th December.
My order, placed on 30th November, was 'apparently' sent on the 14th December.

But 'Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery after this.'!
SharonLynette likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th December 2012, 12:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
My order, placed on 30th November, was 'apparently' sent on the 14th December.

But 'Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery after this.'!
Yeah, my order placed on the 8th of August was apparently sent on the 4th December, seems to have disappeared like a fart in the wind
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!