Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2010, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Empty Dunwich mist shrouded streets with red bleeding eyes in the darkness.
Not a bad idea this or you could have an army of zombies shuffling up the street. I do believe atmosphere is quite possibly the key here to an attractive cover rather than an overly graphic equivalent.

Although an alternative reverse sleeve concentrating on the film's more gruesome aspects would be most welcome too. Just so both tastes are catered for.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:10 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Interlight video sleeve was a masterpiece.
Old 9th February 2010, 09:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Leonardo Da Vinci,Constable,Monet,Van Gough,Dali of ALL the CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD incarnations Vince.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:07 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

For definite. The Robert Lenkiewicz of zombie posters.

If this isn't included as the alternate classic artwork then the dead will rise.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
For definite. The Robert Lenkiewicz of zombie posters. If this isn't included as the alternate classic artwork then the dead will rise.
Classic artwork.The reverse for sure.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:45 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

24th May is the confirmed release date for Arrow Video's Blu-ray release of City of the Living Dead. Currently looks as if it will be a double-disc set as extras are still being produced - so expect the usual configuration of a BD disc and bonus DVD. There won't be a DVD only release ready in time for that date so DVD only owners will have to wait a little longer.

I've just seen the first completed documentary - a very illuminating interview with Carlo De Mejo entitled 'Carlo of the Living Dead'. Calum is the best guy to tell you more if we can get him to spill a few beans...
Old 12th February 2010, 01:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
24th May is the confirmed release date for Arrow Video's Blu-ray release of City of the Living Dead. Currently looks as if it will be a double-disc set as extras are still being produced - so expect the usual configuration of a BD disc and bonus DVD. There won't be a DVD only release ready in time for that date so DVD only owners will have to wait a little longer.

I've just seen the first completed documentary - a very illuminating interview with Carlo De Mejo entitled 'Carlo of the Living Dead'. Calum is the best guy to tell you more if we can get him to spill a few beans...
Thanks for the kind words Almar.

This is shaping up to be a mega-edition of City of the Living Dead and right now we can confirm that we've completed no less than three new documentaries (with more underway) and recorded a brand new audio commentary track (phew!) but, as Almar maintains, the first of these to be seen and approved is a 17 minute interview with City of the Living Dead star Carlo DeMejo entitled Carlo of the Living Dead.

We shot this in Rome and we get some nice anecdotes about the ending to the film, shooting the maggot storm and his time working with Lucio Fulci (eagle-eyed viewers will also spot him in The House by the Cemetery, whilst he has a lengthier role in Manhattan Baby too!)

In addition, Carlo was nice enough to film an introduction to the movie - so the Arrow edition will begin with his enthusiastic words.

I also have to give a very special thanks to Mike Baronas for helping us set this up.

And I also want to mention that each of these new features comes with specially commissioned animation from Naomi Holwill, who also edited and co-produced them. These are really cool and sometimes quite extensive - as I'm sure Almar will agree.

A lot of love and care has been put into this (we did these as a three person crew: myself, Naomi and Nick Frame) and I'm sure we'll announce more extras as time goes on... Believe it or not, we don't expect to be wrapped on City of the Living Dead until mid-March!

Will it all be worth it? I guess it's up to you guys to decide! But we went into this with the best intentions: To give the UK market an ultimate edition of an Italian horror flick!
Old 12th February 2010, 01:58 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The animations by Naomi are a class act - lovely to see some serious TLC in action for COTLD.
Old 12th February 2010, 02:03 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

So glad the slow reveal is beginning, the Rome trip was eventful, so I hope everyone enjoys the results!
Old 12th February 2010, 02:07 PM
Active Cultist

There will be a DVD release as well right?

Like this? Share it using the links below!