Senior Moderator

Carol Vorderman? Really?
Old 6th May 2010, 09:56 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Or how about a date with Vorders?
Sounds excellent to me. She may be interested in my conundrums and we'd be fiddling with palindromes all night long.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blue Underground blu-ray review

sounds good, but we know the arrow blu-ray will be better.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 7th May 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice to know that it looks very,very good.Arrow's should look just as nice,of course,with extra special features and much cooler packaging.
Old 7th May 2010, 02:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've got my review disc so will watch it tonight. Then there are the commentaries and the other extras on the BD -- I don't have the DVD with the bulk of the other supplementary material, so that will have to wait until I have the finished product with all that lovely packaging and other goodies!

Will let you know what I think of the AV quality before writing my review just to let you know, in a quick an offhand way, what you have to look forward to.
Old 7th May 2010, 02:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I've got my review disc so will watch it tonight. Then there are the commentaries and the other extras on the BD -- I don't have the DVD with the bulk of the other supplementary material, so that will have to wait until I have the finished product with all that lovely packaging and other goodies!

Will let you know what I think of the AV quality before writing my review just to let you know, in a quick an offhand way, what you have to look forward to.
The Arrow screeners are also now out so I guess it's a countdown to which site has the first online review...
Old 7th May 2010, 04:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
The Arrow screeners are also now out so I guess it's a countdown to which site has the first online review...
Oh no, too much pressure! Just about to watch it now and then work my way through the commentaries before the extra stuff. It's a case of writing the review and doing what I hope will be a good disc justice.

It's just a shame that the finished products aren't sent out this early. I guess in the case of this place, a positive review will be preaching to the converted!
Old 7th May 2010, 04:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Default watched Arrow's Blu last night

Hi all, first time visiting and here I am bypassing the new member's thread all together... shameful I know.

I actually just watched Arrow's new Blu last night, and it is brilliant. The extra features are fantastic, particularly The Many Lives and Deaths of Giovanni Lombardo Radice. Disc is region free and all but one of the extras are in HD so they're also playable on standard region A machines. The picture is amazingly clear and vibrant, so it sounds similar to the job Blue Underground did with their domestic release. I haven't listened to either commentary yet, but if they're half as insightful and entertaining as the interviews in the extra features then I'll be happy.

My first Arrow Films release but definitely not my last. Awesome job.
Old 7th May 2010, 06:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just finished the film and have started on the first commentary -- you're doing well so far Calum -- and was really interested with the picture quality and the soundtracks, sticking mainly to the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track. Fantastic work on the clean up as this really is a picture of which to be proud.

The movie is great: really moody, atmospheric and gory when need be.
Old 7th May 2010, 06:36 PM
Cult Rookie

DVD Beaver have a little comparison/review up already. Can't link to it (first time poster blues an' all that), but it looks brilliant. Can't wait.

Like this? Share it using the links below!