All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2010, 12:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know exactly how you feel nosferatu,I didn't want to open them either.I usually dont but I really wanted to see them.Sort of regretting it now
Old 12th June 2010, 12:25 PM
Cultist in Training

Don't feel too bad, I leave the plastic on the cardboard slipcase. Some delicate cutting and 4 pieces of tape and I'm done.

And my art cards remained sealed.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was thinking of doing that as well,but I decided that after a while it would probably just come off anyway so I didn't bother
Old 12th June 2010, 12:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If I regret opening the art cards too much, I can always buy another one -- it's only money!
Old 12th June 2010, 01:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
It makes you really appreciate the effort that has gone into not only making (and sourcing) the extra features, but turning the product itself into something special and collectable. This is why some people will buy two copies - one fo everyday use and one for 'best'.

I really didn't want to open the packets of the art cards in the Martin DVD and in the City of the Living Dead Blu-ray set as a big part of me wanted me to keep them in the cellophane wrapping!
With the above statement you're certainly preaching to the converted where yours truly is concerned. Well said and i'm in exactly the same boat.

To some it may well seem excessive or obsessive (or even both!) to buy two copies of a particular title. I don't blame people for thinking this way. But it's because of the reasons you mention that i often invest in more than one copy of the same edition. The expense, effort and exclusive nature of the product sways me everytime.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:00 AM
Cultist

Got my COTLD today...only four days from Dvd.co.uk to Sweden is really fast!! I must say..WOW what a package..haven´t whatched the movie yet but the poster and covers and postcard are really nice! Keep these editions coming...I think its a good way to stop piracy...Who wouldn´t wont this package?
Old 14th June 2010, 11:05 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's a good point; if all companies but this much effort into their product, then piracy would drop right down as it wouldn't all be about the film as the packaging would be a huge thing to miss out on.
Old 14th June 2010, 04:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

My copy finally arrived today after being 'lost' in the post and subsequently re-dispatched by Amazon.

I'll hopefully be watching it later on - can't wait to see City in HD!

Fantastic job again though guys - it's definitely one of the sexiest packages that I've ever seen!
Old 14th June 2010, 10:26 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Watched it tonight - absolutely fantastic.

The picture quality was as sharp as that drill-bit (), and is certainly the best it has ever looked - Fulci would have been proud!

I loved the Glasgow Q&A, and my only regret is that I couldn't be there to witness it in the flesh. I then watched The Many Lives and Deaths of Giovanni Lombardo Radice, which was extremely interesting and I loved the animation sequences which broke-up the interview nicely.

Plenty more extras to watch, so am going to be busy this week!

I'll try and pop a review up on my 'starting to be very neglected' blog soon too, if time allows.

One of my favourite things about the package this time were the inclusion of art cards, and I'd love to see Arrow repeat this with their future releases (I know Martin has them too) - they were a very nice extra feature to an already superb release.
Old 15th June 2010, 07:09 AM
Cultist

Yeah.. I can tell anybody who is unsure about the quality of the print is that itt looks great even on a 120" inch screen!! That´s a pretty good benchmark!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!