Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - The Beyond - The Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2839-arrow-video-beyond-archive-discussion.html)

mbv 13th May 2010 07:03 PM

i'd buy it to on Blu ray. As said before, not enough horror classics available so all are welcome

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2010 07:05 PM

Hear hear.

All the usual bullshit gets the BR treatment before the classics do.:nod:

Mojo 13th May 2010 07:10 PM

I'm over the moon that Arrow chose my favourite movie of all time City Of The Living Dead as their first BR disc, but you can count me in for a BR of The Beyond too. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2010 07:14 PM

Knew we could count on your vote Moj....

Mojo 13th May 2010 07:15 PM

And yours, reaps :)

Gojirosan 13th May 2010 07:19 PM

OK, so I'm not in the business of producing DVDs, but I cannot see a Blu-Ray of The Beyond not being a success. There are all ready at least a handful of quality DVD releases around the world which I suspect most fans of the film all ready own (well, at least one of them).

But a Blu-Ray...by the time the master has been done and the artwork sorted and so on and so on, Blu-Ray sales will be even higher and the price of players even lower. People might even buy a player just for The Beyond (I bought mine because of Suspiria, even though I had DVDs of the film).

To my view, it makes sense to release The Beyond On Blu-Ray. I reckon it would sell better than the BD of Inferno.

As I said before, I have no interest in buying another DVD of The Beyond, no matter how amazing the extras are (they're only extras after all), but a Blu-Ray, even with no extras, I would pre-order.

Mojo 13th May 2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 79174)
OK, so I'm not in the business of producing DVDs, but I cannot see a Blu-Ray of The Beyond not being a success. There are all ready at least a handful of quality DVD releases around the world which I suspect most fans of the film all ready own (well, at least one of them).

But a Blu-Ray...by the time the master has been done and the artwork sorted and so on and so on, Blu-Ray sales will be even higher and the price of players even lower. People might even buy a player just for The Beyond (I bought mine because of Suspiria, even though I had DVDs of the film).

To my view, it makes sense to release The Beyond On Blu-Ray. I reckon it would sell better than the BD of Inferno.

As I said before, I have no interest in buying another DVD of The Beyond, no matter how amazing the extras are (they're only extras after all), but a Blu-Ray, even with no extras, I would pre-order.

I think that's a very good point gojirosan.

My dvd player was pretty much coming to the end of its life , but the thing that actually made me decide on getting a blu ray player was Arrow's release of City Of The Living Dead. It just goes to show how one ( or more? ) particular film can convert us lot to buying a blu ray player and all the subsequent discs. So basically, it's all your fault, Almar... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th May 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 79174)

Even more so if it was possible to release it Region-free-(I don't know the legalities).

But yeah,as much as I love Inferno,I reckon The Beyond would outsell it at least threefold.

wongfeihung62 13th May 2010 07:59 PM

BLU Although I would ,if I had to settle for a nice extras packed DVD. But if a Blu ray version could be released region free, then I predict big worldwide sales,as most people with the DVd of this would get the Blu version I am sure. As lets face it most of us are suckers for multiple releases of our fave titles.

mbv 13th May 2010 08:08 PM

Also if people get a hold of The Beyond BR with 4 covers, 2 discs, poster, booklet and loads of extras there's a good chance they will seek out the other Arrow BR releases in equally fantastic packages.
One thing us horror fans love is completing a collection!!